Leave Policy Builder and Accrual Engine: A brand-new way to set up and accrue leave within Deputy! (UK Only)
Create robust and flexible leave policies for your business and assign them to team members ⚙️
- Set and customise automated accrual for different leave types
- Hourly accrual: Accrue leave based on hours worked.
- Fixed release: Accrue in advance or release a fixed leave balance amount according to different frequencies (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly)
- Accrue based on agreed hours: Accrue pro-rata leave based according to employee’s working hours and working days
- Calculation of UK Holiday Pay for zero-hour workers: Calculation of average working hours based on shifts worked in the past (e.g. 52 weeks)
- Have more control over balance settings such as:
- Max balance: Set an accrual threshold for leave balance to cap leave amounts.
- Rollover leave: the entire balance from year to year, reset, or roll over part of the balance to the next leave year.
- More advanced leave rules like:
- Future leave year balances: Leave requests from the next leave year will deduct from next year’s balances!
- Accrual leave while on leave: paid leave, unpaid, all leave types, or only on specific leave types!
Please note that to access the new leave management experience, you will need to run a one-time migration process.
The migration opt-in will be available to Premium customers from 19th June onwards. We will be looking to migrate everyone over by the 1st of August (non-opt-in).
Some UK customers have already been using this new experience but if you are in the UK and still using the old experience it's time to migrate over to the new experience. More information about how to migrate can be found out here.
What's coming next 💪🏼
We will continue to add more features to the leave policy builder such as:
- Pro-rated leave balance for team members joining part way through the year
- Tenure-based and seniority rules
- Waiting periods
- Calculation of average hourly pay rate alongside average working hours to determine holiday pay for changing pay rates.