The all new bulk import
What's new ✨
We have completely rebuilt the bulk import tool, which will allow you to import and/or update your important data into Deputy from CSV.
You are now able to import -
- Employee/team member data, along with pay rates
- Training modules
- Training records (assign training modules to employees)
- Assign pay details/employment terms to employees (Enterprise only)
We heard from many customers about challenges in importing data into Deputy.
The new bulk import has many capabilities -
- Upsert - Insert new data and update existing data in single import operation
- Validations - Validate data (example - valid location or stress profile) before importing
- In-place editor - Correct errors directly in editor (no need to download, correct and re-upload)
- Export - Export all existing data so that you can edit and re-import (Bulk updates are easy now!)
- Sample Import templates
- Bulk Import History - Review previous imports
How to use it 🎯
To import employee, training or pay details -
On the People tab, click Add People and then Bulk Import/Update.
Select the type of data you want to import viz. Employee/ Team member or Training.
If you want to update a large number of existing employees, you can export/download -> update -> re-import data. Export file format matches import format.
To import schedule,
On Schedule tab, click on Options and then click Add shifts from file.
To import Timesheets,
On Timesheets tab, click on Add Timesheets and then click on Add Timesheets form file
Please refer to the help guide for detailed information.
How to get it 🙋
Bulk import is available to all customers.
What will happen to old CSV import? 🏆
Old CSV import will be phased out in next few days.