Leave accruals and deductions now based on "Pay Approved Timesheets" (UK only)
What's New ✨
- We've made trigger changes to the new leave management engine, where instead of leave balances updating when “Mark timesheet as paid”, they now occur when managers simply pay-approve a timesheet.
- Managers now do not need to carry out an extra step to make sure leave is accruing and deducting reliably, saving them time every day and every pay cycle!
- Timesheet accrual now kicks in when a regular timesheet is pay-approved, and leave deduction kicks in when a leave timesheet is pay-approved.
- Leave previously or deducted accrued also reverts if a timesheet is pay-unapproved or discarded.
- Leave accruals are automatically recalculated when timesheets are recalculated.
Why is this useful for my business? 💪
Up-to-date leave balances: Timesheet approval happens daily, while marking timesheet as paid typically happens at the endthe pay pay period (fortnightly or monthly). Changing the accrual trigger would mean employees submitting leave requests will have a more accurate balance to refer to when applying. Simil,arly managers will be able to make the right decision on approval with the balances being more accurate.
How can I start using this new change?
This change will be rolled out progressively to all accounts using the new leave management engine in the next 2-3 weeks.