What's new ✨
Third-party developer integrations continue to be an integral part of the Deputy ecosystem and providing clear, concise documentation to work with is key to these partnerships and developer success.
With this in mind, we've just launched our brand new API documentation site which can be found here. On the site, you will find a wide array of documentation to help you build an integration with Deputy such as:
- Help Guides - Use-case-based guides take you through some of the most common integration use cases (such as retrieving timesheets) from A to Z.
- Specific Industry Guides - Payroll, HR or POS app developer? We've got specific summary pages with the most important info for you to know.
- Code Walkthroughs - Line-by-line code walkthroughs of some of our most popular endpoints.
- Every element documented - Every element of the Deputy API system is documented
- POSTMAN collection - We've released an official Deputy POSTMAN collection for you to download
- API Reference - A full API reference of each endpoint is available including the ability to connect to the API directly from the documentation.
This represents the first step in a list of many improvements we are planning to make to make integrating with Deputy even easier.
Documentation is a core cog in the API ecosystem as well. In a recent POSTMAN survey, documentation was just behind reliability, performance and security in importance for what matters most to developers when determining whether to build an integration. We understand that giving you the tools to self-serve during any development is critical to your integration success.
How to use it 🤓
Click here to open the docs. It's globally accessible now so please do have a look.
Got feedback to share? Email our team at email@example.com or if you think a document needs updating, you can even suggest an edit directly from within the documentation. Just click this button which is shown on every page
We're super excited to launch these new API docs and other improvements we have in the pipeline. We can't wait to see what you build with them. As always if you have any feedback or need some help, our friendly API support team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to discuss your Deputy integration with our partner team, they can be reached at email@example.com.