What's new ✨
We rebuilt our web time clock from the ground up to bring you an easier way for your team to clock in and out.
This new Time Clock can run in a browser on any device, including your workplace tablet, laptop or desktop computer.
Time Clock home
We found that some of our customers used devices that did not support running our iOS Kiosk or Android Time Clock apps and resorted to using our legacy Web Kiosk which did not support all of Deputy's latest features.
Some of our customers had staff that did not own smartphones or did not have accessible internet access at their place of work.
The new Web Time Clock is a great, lightweight alternative for these businesses as well as businesses who do not want to purchase additional hardware like tablets.
For those using the existing legacy Web Kiosk you will notice the new Web Time Clock:
- has a new consistent design with the rest of Deputy
- has a smart team member list for faster clock-ins (not in Beta version but coming soon)
- will support shift questions (not in Beta version but coming soon)
- will support photo capture on clock in and out (not in Beta version but coming soon)
- will support showing team members from all your locations
How to use it 🤓
We'll have a help doc on how to use the new Web Time Clock soon, in the meantime here are some things you should know about the new Web Time Clock:
- as a manager, you'll be able to launch it directly from our website once you've logged in (no more hidden links)
- it supports all the Deputy clock in and out features except for Shift Pulse
- it requires internet access and does not work offline
Got feedback to share? Go to Deputy > Help > Give us feedback
How to get it 🧪
This feature is still in BETA but available to try:
If you're already using the legacy Web Kiosk, simply PIN in and tap the "Update to the new Time Clock" banner at the top. If you need more help, follow these instructions.
If you've not used our legacy Web Kiosk before, follow the steps on this page to set up the Kiosk. Then switch to the new Time Clock as shown above.
Note: the current BETA version of the Web Time Clock will not have support for the following:
- shift questions
- the ability to edit timesheets before submitting
- photo capture on clock in and out